Print this page


Refunds upon Withdrawal for Students Receiving Financial Aid

Financial aid received by students awarded financial assistance through the Central Michigan University Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid is applied to student accounts to pay for university charges. Credits for the unused portion of tuition, special course fees, housing and other university charges resulting from a student’s withdrawal from the university are used to repay the financial aid sources in full prior to refunding the student. Withdrawing students who have received refunds for financial aid to cover non-institutional, educational costs may be required to repay financial aid sources.

Refunds for students who receive Title IV financial aid are allocated to the financial aid source in the following order:

  • to outstanding balances on Federal Direct Loans (Unsubsidized and Subsidized)
  • to outstanding balance on Federal Plus Loans
  • to Federal Pell Grant awards
  • to Federal SEOG awards
  • to TEACH Grant awards
  • to other Title IV student assistance
  • to other federal, state, private or institutional student assistance
  • to the student.