Print this page


Official Transcript Requests

Any current or former student who does not have a financial hold may request an Official Transcript from Central Michigan University.

How to Request a Transcript. Central Michigan University has partnered with the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to provide online ordering for CMU transcripts. This partnership allows students to order transcripts 24 hours a day, seven days a week and track their orders via text message or email. Transcripts ordered through the NSC are typically sent to a recipient within one hour, though it could take up to 1-2 business days if your record requires manual processing (students who attended CMU prior to 2000). The NSC is the only method through which students may request CMU transcripts.

All transcript ordering will take place through the NSC’s website. Electronic transcripts sent directly from the NSC to another educational institution, employer, etc. will be considered official. In order to request an unofficial transcript, one simply needs to have the transcript sent directly to their email address.

Electronic transcripts are the preferred method of transcript transmission between institutions. Students will find that the process is much more efficient and effective than ordering traditional paper-based transcripts. The ordering process begins on the Registrar’s Office’s website at

Any current or former student who does not have financial holds may request a Central Michigan University transcript.