Print this page


Assignment to Advisor

As a graduate student studying for a certificate, master’s, specialist’s, or doctoral degree, you will be assigned an advisor in your academic department. If registering for course work prior to being assigned to an advisor, contact the department chairperson or graduate coordinator to ensure that the coursework can be counted toward the graduate certificate or degree. Advisors are authorized to initiate course substitutions, approve elective choices, and approve degree plans.