Print this page


Living on Campus

Graduate students may live in housing of their own choice. CMU does offer a variety of housing accommodations with or without meal plans for single students or students with families. Application for all university housing should be made well in advance. Questions should be addressed to the Office of Residence Life, Ronan Hall, Room 270, Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, MI, 48859-0001; 989-774-3111;

Graduate residents are expected to maintain at least 6 credit hours per semester. Graduate students may live in CMU's Graduate Student housing or Kewadin Village, if the relevant criteria are met and any required approvals are obtained. CMU maintains apartment-style communities located at Graduate Housing, Kewadin Village, and Northwest Apartments.

All residence halls and apartments are tobacco and smoke free for the health of all students.

For apartment rates, see For more information concerning meal plans, see All students residing on- or off-campus are eligible for residence hall meal options. Several areas in the Bovee University Center serve meals on a daily basis.